Building upon the acclaimed Fader Series of studio monitors, Fluid Audio now announces the new FPX (Fader Pro Coax) line of monitors, with the FPX7 leading the way.
Featuring beefed-up Class AB amplifiers, a performance toroidal transformer for superior noise characteristic, optimized composite cone woofers and AMT tweeters, the FPX7 produces the most accurate monitoring experience in its price range. With its lightning fast response, the AMT tweeter provides detail and depth only seen in Professional studios.
What makes the FPX7 so unique, however, is that the AMT tweeter is mounted in the center of the woofer – in a coaxial configuration, which makes this speaker the first of its kind.
Coaxial drivers, found in such world renowned monitors such as the Manley ML10, provide such accuracy and detail because all of the frequencies coming from the tweeter and woofer radiate from the exact same position in space. This is critical for accurate off-axis response as well as phase coherence. The AMT tweeter is mounted to a custom designed waveguide, which provides it with wide dispersion and an expansive sweet spot. The complex, DSP controlled crossover provides a perfect blending of the woofer to the AMT tweeter, and ensures that there is effectively zero variance speaker-to-speaker. The "engine" is DSP powered.
- Seamless, transparent response in a compact footprint
- 7” composite cone, low-frequency driver
- Air motion transformer (ribbon) tweeter provides an extremely fast and accurate response
- Bi-amplified 140Watt Class A/B amplification (90w woofer/50w AMT tweeter)
- Acoustic Space Control lets you calibrate the FPX7 to your mixing environment ( 0, -2, -4db )
- Tweeter high frequency trim control ( +2, 0, -2db )
- Fader Volume control on front baffle for easy access
- 42Hz – 27kHz frequency response (+/-3dB)
- Front loaded slot port for directional bass response
- Amplifier standby function to conserve energy